top of page

CHÂTEAU de BELOEIL

Château de Belœil, Belgium
Château de Belœil

Where: Beloeil, Belgium
Start of construction: 15th Century
End of construction: 17th Century
Most important renovation: 20th Century
Accessible: yes

http://www.chateaudebeloeil.com/en/castel-of-beloeil-the-belgian-versailles/

(NL) Dit kasteel wordt ook wel het Versailles van België genoemd. Het was oorspronkelijk een versterkte waterburcht uit de 13e eeuw, die rond 1654 werd omgebouwd tot het paleis in barokstijl dat het vandaag nog steeds is. Het domein is al sinds het einde van de 14e eeuw de verblijfplek van de Prinsen van Ligne. In 1900 werd het hoofdgebouw getroffen door een grote brand. De collectie kunstvoorwerpen kon echter door omwonenden uit het brandende gebouw gered worden. Rond 1906 vond de wederopbouw in oorspronkelijke staat plaats. Het kasteel is volledig gemeubileerd en bevat een rijke collectie aan kunstvoorwerpen uit de 15e tot en met de 19e eeuw, waaronder een bibliotheek met 20.000 boeken. Het kasteel wordt omgeven door een groot park (25 hectare) met Franse en Engelse tuinen en een 6 hectare groot meer.

(UK) This castle is also known as the Versailles of Belgium. It was originally a fortified moated castle from the 13th century, which was converted around 1654 into the baroque-style palace it is today. The estate has been the residence of the Princes of Ligne since the end of the 14th century. In 1900, the main building suffered a major fire. However, local residents were able to save the collection of art objects from the burning building. Around 1906, the reconstruction took place in its original state. The castle is fully furnished and contains a rich collection of art objects from the 15th to the 19th century, including a library with 20,000 books. The castle is surrounded by a large park (25 hectares) with French and English gardens and a 6 hectare lake.

(DE) Dieses Schloss wird auch als das Versailles Belgiens bezeichnet. Ursprünglich handelte es sich um eine befestigte Wasserburg aus dem 13. Jahrhundert, die um 1654 zu dem heutigen Barockschloss umgebaut wurde. Das Anwesen ist seit Ende des 14. Jahrhunderts die Residenz der Prinzen von Ligne. Im Jahr 1900 wurde das Hauptgebäude durch einen Großbrand schwer beschädigt. Die Sammlung von Kunstgegenständen konnte jedoch von Anwohnern aus dem brennenden Gebäude gerettet werden. Um 1906 erfolgte der Wiederaufbau in seinem ursprünglichen Zustand. Das Schloss ist vollständig möbliert und beherbergt eine reiche Sammlung von Kunstgegenständen aus dem 15. bis 19. Jahrhundert, darunter eine Bibliothek mit 20.000 Büchern. Das Schloss ist von einem großen Park (25 Hektar) mit französischen und englischen Gärten und einem 6 Hektar großen See umgeben.

Château de Belœil, Belgium

 CASTLES-ACROSS-EUROPE.com

Last Updated:
December 25, 2023

bottom of page