top of page

CHÂTEAU de

HAM-sur-HEURE

Château de Ham-sur-Heure, Belgium
Château de Ham-sur-Heure

Where: Ham-sur-Heure-Nalinnes, Belgium
Start of construction: 11th Century
End of construction: 18th Century
Most important renovation: 19th Century
Accessible: yes, museum

No website

(NL) Dit kasteel, aan de oever van de rivier Eau d’Heure, werd in de 11e eeuw voor het eerst vermeld. De precieze bouwdatum is echter onbekend. Wat wel bekend is, is dat het daarna verder uitgebouwde kasteel in 1667 en 1689 zwaar beschadigd raakte, maar daarna beide malen weer werd opgebouwd. Aan het begin van de 18e eeuw werd het kasteel omgebouwd tot een luxueuze woonresidentie, die echter in 1794 werd geplunderd en als ruïne werd achtergelaten. Rond 1825 werd de ruïne weer opgebouwd en kreeg het kasteel zijn huidige aangezicht. Tot 1952 bevond het domein zich in privébezit. Dat jaar kocht de gemeente Ham-sur-Heure het kasteel en vestigde er het gemeentehuis in. In de rechtervleugel is er sinds 1984 een museum over het landbouwkundige en ambachtelijke leven te vinden. In die hoedanigheid kan het kasteel bezocht worden.

(UK) This castle, on the banks of the river Eau d'Heure, was first mentioned in the 11th century. However, the exact date of construction is unknown. What is known is that the castle, which was subsequently extended, was severely damaged in 1667 and 1689, but rebuilt on both occasions. At the beginning of the 18th century, the castle was converted into a luxurious residence, which was, however, plundered in 1794 and left in ruins. Around 1825, the ruins were rebuilt and the castle received its current appearance. Until 1952, the estate was in private hands. That year, the municipality of Ham-sur-Heure bought the castle and established the town hall i it. Since 1984, the right wing has housed a museum of agricultural and artisanal life. As such, the castle can be visited.

(DE) Diese Burg am Ufer des Flusses Eau d'Heure wurde erstmals im 11. Jahrhundert erwähnt. Das genaue Baudatum ist jedoch unbekannt. Nachgewiesen ist jedoch, dass die damals erweiterte Burg 1667 und 1689 schwer beschädigt, aber beide Male wieder aufgebaut wurde. Zu Beginn des 18. Jahrhunderts wurde die Burg in eine luxuriöse Residenz umgewandelt, die jedoch 1794 geplündert und in Trümmern hinterlassen wurde. Um 1825 wurden die Ruinen wiederaufgebaut und die Burg erhielt ihr heutiges Aussehen. Bis 1952 befand sich das Anwesen in Privatbesitz. In diesem Jahr kaufte die Gemeinde Ham-sur-Heure das Schloss und richtete dort das Rathaus ein. Der rechte Flügel beherbergt seit 1984 ein Museum des landwirtschaftlichen und handwerklichen Lebens. Die Burg kann in dieser Funktion besichtigt werden.

Château de Ham-sur-Heure, Belgium
Château de Ham-sur-Heure, Belgium
Château de Ham-sur-Heure, Belgium

 CASTLES-ACROSS-EUROPE.com

Last Updated:
July 2, 2023

bottom of page